In any industry, the best sales person is the one who convinces you that you need their product or service and has you asking for it, rather than them trying to force it upon you. You’ll walk away from a sale with them without ever having feeling as though you’ve been sold to, and that buying the product or service in the first place was completely your idea.
Content marketing ensures that this happens in a number of different ways:
- It’s not about selling, so people aren’t on their guard.
- Content marketing pieces are helpful and informative – so readers aren’t faced with a page of jargon that isn’t relevant to them.
- Because the content created is interesting, enlightening and entertaining, people want to share it with their social networks. Your messages are delivered by trusted peers, and are more likely to be read than unsolicited sales messages.
- People are driven back to your website, where they find other shareable content. They spend longer browsing around your website and looking at what you have to say.
- With the right driving forces and calls to action, this increased traffic can be converted to increased sales.
- Updating your website frequently with relevant, high quality content will have a positive impact on your search rankings. Google and other search engines also look to social signals people give off when reading your content – whether it’s shared, and how viral it is.
- The more people share your content, the more it’s validated in the search engine’s eyes as being high quality and relevant, so the more your rankings will increase.
- So as well as being a powerful promotion of your brand, content marketing makes your website easier to find.